COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Louisiana Department of Health is coordinating the COVID-19 vaccine distribution effort in Louisiana. As more vaccines become available from the CDC, more individuals and groups will be offered a vaccination.
CURRENT PHASE OF DISTRIBUTION: All Louisiana residents aged 12 or older can receive the vaccine.
ABOUT THE VACCINES:
- Nursing Specialties offers the Moderna and Pfizer Vaccines.
- Authorized for anyone 18 years of age or older
- Number of shots: 2 shots, 28 days apart
- Distributed under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA
- Approved for anyone 12 years of age or older
- Number of shots: 2 shots, 21 days apart
- First vaccine to receive full FDA approval as of August 23, 2021
HOW TO GET THE VACCINE:
- Patients must contact a participating location and make an appointment at the location. Do not arrive at a location without an appointment. LDH cannot make appointments for residents; only participating locations can. Appointments do not have to be made to receive the second dose of the vaccine.
- Second doses are given at the same location a person receives their first dose and the appointment for the second dose will be made during the appointment for the first dose.
Please follow the below links for further information on the COVID-19 Vaccine, including vaccination locations in Louisiana and frequently asked questions about the vaccine:
LDH COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Information
List of Vaccination Sites in Louisiana
COVID-19 Vaccine: Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet: What You Need to Know
Vaccination News and Updates in Louisiana
CDC: Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Information